We are currently not recruiting for Campus Health WellCats.
Applications will reopen in March 2024.
Share Your Passion for Health & Wellness
Join our peer support mission and help Wildcats get connected with general & mental health and wellness information. Our WellCat Ambassadors represent and promote Campus Health through campus outreach and help Campus Health staff organize special events.
About the WellCats
Support students in getting connected to a wide variety of mental health and wellness services on campus. WellCat Ambassadors do this through:
- Tabling for Campus Health and CAPS at Campus Events
- Outreach activities featuring health education games and activities on various health and wellness topics
- Outreach Presentations featuring Campus Health and CAPS services as well as specific programs (Togetherall, Peer Counseling, etc.).
- Assist Campus Health and CAPS staff with organizing special events (including therapy animal visits).
- Learn to lead grounding activities
- 1-3 hours per week time commitment, which may include evening or weekend events
Previous experience with Campus Health and CAPS not required, but students with Campus Health or CAPS experience (as a student employee or as a recipient of services) are encouraged to apply.
Applications will open in March for Fall 2024
How You'll Grow Being A WellCat
- experience in the mental health field
- time-management, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- communication & public speaking
- insight into social justice, equity, and access to mental health resources
- appreciate the importance of mental health in someone's lived experience